Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Top Of The Day To Ya........................
















Happy New Year Creative Ones;
Yes i am here living large in my creative world....The holidays were a blur but very enjoyed. As i glance at my day timer i see all the full squares for places,people and places that require my time and energy over the next several months.

I am taking a Post Graduate course called Building Better Communities(Art and Social Justice),i began a while back and its a challenge as an artist as well the heavy theory component. I am also taking a 9 week hands on Collage course with Famous Empty Sky at Britannia Community Center(there is still space) this starts on Monday as well as i will be facilitating an Art Party, details to follow here on the blog within the next few days.

I've noticed my own lack of creative interest and felt i needed to kickstart it so the hands on art course is a beginning. Having the time off over the holidays allowed me to reflect over Outsider. I have not truly played a part in Outsider as an artist but more of the administrator which kicks the creative stuffing right out of ya,so with this collage course i am taking on the role of artist again,i got to tell ya i feel giddy with the excitement and possibilities.

The pic above is two of my fave things drinking tea and reading..i discovered this mug in my thrift store travels and it called to me to take it home this is my fave second mug that gives me a boost in the early am as a kick off to my day.

Keep The Arts Alive Support your local Artists!!!

Good to see you all again....I will post about the upcoming Art Party Stay Tuned..

In Artistic Solidarity;
Rhonda

No comments: